VMP BLACK TVS HIGH-FLOW INLET ELBOW 2007-2010 GT500 +20-40HP
- Fits: 2007-2010 Shelby GT500 with Stock Eaton M122 Supercharger, 2007-2010 Shelby GT500 with Ford Racing TVS Upgrade, and 2007-2010 Shelby GT500 with VMP Gen1 TVS Upgrade
- Does NOT fit the 2013-2014 "Trinity" supercharger or the 2015 Roush supercharger
- Gains up to 20-40 horsepower
- Uses stock bolt pattern
- Developed in the same CAD system Ford Motor Co. uses to design OE components
- Inlet geometry optimized with Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Real world dyno testing and analysis
- Reduces blower discharge temps
- O-ring grooves makes installation easier, no RTV needed
- Stock O-rings are very high quality and are re-used
Want an easy way to add some serious horsepower gains to your 2007-2010 Shelby GT500? The VMP TVS high-flow inlet elbow replaces your restrictive stock elbow allowing for more air flow. Depending on boost levels and throttle body combination, you can see gains of up to 20-40 horsepower.
The VMP TVS high-flow inlet elbow has the fit and finish of stock. Because it utilizes a stock bolt pattern, 60 mm, 65 mm, 66 mm, 67 mm, 72 mm, and monoblade throttle bodies will bolt right on.
Optimized in CFD (computational fluid dynamics) to maximize the turn and airflow into the blower, the VMP TVS high-flow inlet elbow has a custom Q-port shape that keeps airflow laminar and normalizes airspeed throughout the elbow. The VMP TVS high-flow inlet elbow is designed to move the most amount of air with the least amount of modification to the blower inlet.
The innovative Q-port design of the VMP TVS high-flow inlet elbow requires a small amount of material removal around the port in the blower casing. Opening up the tiny oval hole in the blower is essential to getting more air into the blower and making maximum power. This can be done at home with a dremel with a good bit or a carbide burr from harbor freight. A set of files will also work, though at a much slower rate. The VMP elbow can be used as the template for opening up the blower, and the larger opening shape marked off.
In addition to power gains from a less restricted blower, the VMP TVS high-flow inlet elbow also decreases blower discharge temps (as measured before the IC with a K type thermocouple probe). This is great for road racers that want to reduce heat buildup out on the course, or aggressive street drivers.