LMI 2005+ True Cold Air Intake, V2 Charger, Callenger, Magnum Chrysler 300c RT/SRT
For 5.7L/6.1L Dodge Charger, Challenger, Magnum & Chrysler 300C RT/SRT
The choice for a serious racer!
LMI Intakes have been extremely popular with the HEMI world for years among street enthusiasts as well as high horsepower HEMI racers. Originating in the world of high strength, high quality prosthetic limbs, LMI (the abbreviated name for Leg Maker Intakes) took foot and grew from one man's hobby into a full time, full production business of high quality, highly functioning cold air kits. The quality and experience in working with carbon fiber shows through in this company's show-worthy product.
The LMI True CAI (Version 2) intake is a full fenderwell intake kit. Pulling cooler air through the fenderwell of your car, this kit meets the needs for the HEMI's high airflow demand while allowing your intake air temperatures to remain low. This results in more horsepower where you need it.
This install is more complex than your average intake install and will require a small modification to the lower air inlet opening to allow for the system's components to properly fit. There are two distinct air inlet opening shapes. 2005-2010 is round; 2011 - present is triangle shaped. Examples of the modifications for either opening are shown in the following how-to guide by LMI:
LMI V2 TRUE CAI INSTALLATION GUIDE
- Fender mounted filter for true cold air induction
- 4” diameter carbon fiber tubes
- Unique fabrication process resulting in smooth inner surface to ensure smooth airflow
- Hi-temp rubber / silicon couplers
- S&B Filter with 4 layer protection (oil type)
- High quality “T”-bolt band clamps
- Available to fit both stock and 90mm throttle bodies
- Oil breather filter (red,blue,silver)
- 18” IAT extension harness INCLUDED to relocate sensor
- Requires drilling a hole in the inner fender to mount
- All necessary hardware included